Chocolate Chip Cookies (might be The Tuffy McCann?)
Chocolate Chip Cookies (Tuffy McCann?)
from Ellen's kitchen, thanks to the NYT
- 17 ounces All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks, 10 oz) softened unsalted butter
- 10 ounces brown sugar
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 oz chocolate chips
- flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
Using mixer with paddle:
- cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Reduce speed to low, and add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined, about 5-10 seconds. Add chocolate and mix just to combine. May now refrigerate or bake!
- oven to 350 degrees (325 convection).
- baking sheets with parchment and sprinkle a slight pinch of Kosher salt on the parchment where planning to put each 1/4 cup of dough (large cookies, so 8 per sheet). Sprinkle top of cookie with just a few grains of Kosher salt.
- for 14 minutes until golden around the edges. Remove baking sheet from oven and let rest on cooling rack for 5 minutes, then remove cookies directly to rack for further cooling. Wait to eat if you can!
- can also pre-scoop the dough and chill on parchment-lined baking sheet. Then put balls in Ziploc bag in freezer for future baking. Right from freezer to oven, following baking directions above, with a few more minutes added to baking time.
Post a Comment