Garlic-ginger chicken breasts with cilantro and mint
Garlic-ginger chicken breasts with cilantro and mintfrom Ellen's kitchen, with thanks to the NYT, and Indian-ish
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 3 tbs and 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Make the marinade:
- Add the garlic, ginger, mint, cilantro, lemon juice and 3 tbs oil to a large resealable bag. Seal the bag and massage to combine the ingredients into a paste. Add the coriander, tumeric, cayenne, and salt, and seal the bag. Massage to combine.
- chicken breast in marinade and seal the bag tightly. Gently massage the marinade onto the chicken breast until each breast is coated. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Sous Vide and then brown in pan
- Warm lidded skillet over medium-high. Once pan quite hot, add oil, swirling to coat entire surface. Reduce heat to medium, remove chicken from marinade and add to pain. Cook breasts, undisturbed, until lightly golden underneath, 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook until lightly golden on other side, 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the chicken sit, covered for 10-15 minutes. Don't lift the lid, as you will let out the steam!
- internal temperature of chicken, to make sure at 165, slice, and garnish with sprigs of mint and cilantro, if desired.
- by self, with rice, in roti, or with various salads and chutneys.
Post a Comment