Low-fat carrot muffin
Low Fat Carrot muffin
from Ellen's kitchen, with thanks to the San Francisco Chronicle and Narsai David
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oat or wheat bran
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbs raisins
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 carrot, shredded (could substitute small apple or medium zucchini)
- oven to 400 and spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- dry ingredients and raisins into mixer bowl.
In separate bowl:
- mix egg whites, milk, and carrot, and pour over dry ingredients. Stir until just blended.
- divide batter among muffin cups (I find that this recipe makes 9 muffins).
- 20-25 minutes or until nicely browned. Done when toothpick comes out clean.
Post a Comment