Chocolate Revel Bars
Dark Chocolate Revel Bars
from Ellen's kitchen, with thanks to Cook's Country
Makes 24 bars
Makes 24 bars
- 2 cups (12 ounces) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 16 tablespoons melted
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- 3 cups (9 ounces) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups packed (10 1/2 ounces) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Make foil sling for 13 by 9-inch baking pan by folding 2 long sheets of aluminum foil; first sheet should be 13 inches wide and second sheet should be 9 inches wide. Lay sheets of foil in pan perpendicular to each other, with extra foil hanging over edges of pan. Push foil into corners and up sides of pan, smoothing foil flush to pan, and grease foil.
- chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter in bowl at 50 percent power, stirring occasionally, until melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in condensed milk and ¼ teaspoon salt until combined. Set aside.
- oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt together in large bowl. Stir in eggs, vanilla, and remaining 16 tablespoons melted butter until dough forms.
- 3 cups of dough in even layer in bottom of prepared pan. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over dough. Stir almonds into remaining 2 cups of dough. Crumble dough evenly over top of chocolate mixture. Bake until topping starts to brown, about 30 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool until set, about 6 hours. Remove bars from pan using foil sling. Cut into 24 squares and serve.
Post a Comment