Really easy and yummy Yoste Roast
Really Easy and Yummy Yoste Roast
from Ellen's kitchen, with thanks to What Can I Bring? by Elizabeth Heiskell
- 1 (4 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 (.6 oz) envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (16 oz) jar pepperoncini peppers, undrained
- 2 oz butter, softened (optional)
- garnish: fresh thyme
- meat dry with paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- oil in large skillet on high, add roast when oil shimmering, 2-3 minutes/side. Place roast in 5-6 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle seasoning over roast, and pour pepperoncini peppers and liquid over roast. Top with butter, if desired.
- and cook on LOW until roast is tender, about 8 hours, or on HIGH, about 5 hours.
- roast from slow cooper with slotted spoon. Serve (with pepperoncini's if desired) with roasted root vegetables, and garnish, if desired.
Post a Comment