Almond Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Almond Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread, 2 loaves
from Ellen's kitchen, with thanks to Loveandlemons.com
- baking spray
- 2 cups packed, shredded zucchini (2 medium)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (or substitute 3/4 cup + 1 tbs honey and reduce milk by 2 tbs, adding an extra pinch of baking soda)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk, almond milk, whatever sort of milk you prefer
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 8 x 4 loaf pans with baking spray and preheat the oven to 350.
- shredded zucchini on paper towel, or (I prefer), wrap in thin kitchen towel and squeeze as much of the liquid out as possible.
- combine flours, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- combine eggs, sugar or honey, oil, milk, and vanilla. Mix and add shredded zucchini. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Add chocolate chips.
- batter evenly between two pans and bake for 45 minutes or until wooden skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out on cooling rack to cool completely.
Post a Comment