from Ellen's kitchen, thanks to the WSJ
- 8 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tbs baking powder
- 4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 sticks butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 1/2 cups buttermilk
- oven to 425. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in bowl.
- quickly to avoid melting butter, rub butter with fingers, or use pastry cutter, and combine flour mixture and butter, until have pea-size butter pieces and streaks of butter. Chill flour/butter mixture for at least 15 minutes (I refrigerated for 1.5 hours and worked fine).
- biscuit cutter with butter, then dust with flour. Remove flour mixture from fridge, make a well in center, add buttermilk and stir with spoon until just combined.
- dough out onto flour dusted surface. Use floured hands until dough just comes together. Pat down to 1 1/2-2 inches in height, and cut biscuits without twisting cutter. Place biscuits on baking sheets lined with parchment.
- until just golden on top, 18-20 minutes.
Great reheated in toaster! :)
Post a Comment