Pauline's Toffee (or pecan/almond roca)
from Pauline's kitchen
- 2 cups coarsely chopped and toasted pecans or almonds
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 lb butter
- 24 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup of nuts on cookie sheet, reserving the remaining cup for later.
- a saucepan with a candy thermometer, combine sugar and butter over medium heat, stirring frequently. Mixture will become bubbly and thick. Cook until mixture reaches 315-320, about 15 minutes of cooking time. It will be the color and consistency of melted caramel. Remove from heat.
- candy evenly over nuts on baking sheet. May need to spread the candy a bit to cover nuts. Let cool for a few minutes.
- the candy is still warm, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. When chocolate is melted, spread evenly over candy.
- remaining cup of nuts evenly over top of chocolate.
- cookie sheet in fridge to cool for a few hours, to set candy. Once it is completely hardened, break into pieces.
Post a Comment