from Ellen's kitchen, with many thanks to Bradley
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs white sesame seeds
- 2 tbs coconut, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, scrapped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 9 fl oz honey
- pinch salt
Out of oven Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup currants
- first 9 ingredients (through flaxseed) in large bowl.
- sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, oil, honey, and salt in saucepan. Heat ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Pour honey mixture over grains and thoroughly blend.
- granola over 2 sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Pack down with spatula so that it sticks together. Dry in convection oven set at 200 degrees for 2 hours.
- oven to 275 degrees and continue to bake for 30 minutes.
- granola until crisp. Add currants. Break into size pieces desired.
Cover tightly. Will last for about 1 week.
Post a Comment