Leanne's Cranberry Mold
Leanne's Cranberry Moldfrom Ellen's kitchen, with thanks to Leanne
- 1 lb cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 oranges
- 1 14 oz cranberry sauce
- 1 large package dry strawberry Jello
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Make cranberry relish:
- cranberries and sugar in food processor and roughly chop. Add 2 peeled, sectioned oranges, and pulse a few more times. Set 1 cup of this mixture aside.
- cranberry sauce and Jello on cook top. Whisk until combined and bring to boil. Remove from heat and add remaining relish. Add orange juice and water.
- mixture into greased mold (bundt pan works well, or large glass bowl). Distribute lumps of set-aside relish on top.
- mold in fridge and let set over night.
- cream cheese and sour cream (quantities are a personal choice...I minimize the sour cream), and spread on top of Jello mixture. Sprinkle with chopped celery and walnuts.
- presentation of free standing salad mold is important, flip mold over onto large platter and place quite warm (with hot water) towel on mold to get salad to slide out.
Post a Comment