- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (if haven’t done this before, see note on Chicken chili recipe)
- 10 slices turkey bacon
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 16 oz can vegetarian Bush’s baked beans
- 1 16 oz can black beans
- 1 15 oz can butter beans
- 2 cans various beans, such as pinto, chili, etc.
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbs Splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1 tsp maple extract (optional)
- 4 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbs chili powder
- Dutch oven with vegetable cooking spray. Brown onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper with ground turkey in dutch oven. Set aside. Cook turkey bacon in skillet. Drain, cool, and then dice. Add bacon to vegetable turkey mixture.
- remaining ingredients and simmer at least one hour. Can also now throw all into a crock pot and simmer for four to six hours. The longer the dish simmers, the better the flavor!
Post a Comment