from the kitchen of Kate (Goes well with Easy Pork Roast)
- bunch of kale
- leaves carefully. Place kale in sink of tepid water, dunking leaves until clean.
- larger leaves, remove stems by holding stem end up and pulling down along the leaves. Discard stems.
Preferred cooking method:
- bring a large kettle of salted (1 1/2 tsp per qt) water to boil. Immerse leaves for 4-5 minutes. Cooking time depends on size and age of kale.
- kale can be chopped fine and sauteed in butter, or added to scrambled eggs with ham and/or grated romano cheese.
- may be served with Orange Salsa with Cuban flavor (see recipe)
Post a Comment