from the kitchen of Kate
- 1 (12 oz) package white chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 13 x 9 inch pan with aluminum foil. Place 1 cup chips in medium bowl; set aside.
- 1/4 cup butter, cool slightly.
In second medium bowl:
- blend melted butter, coca, and vanilla until smooth. Add cup chips.
In a heavy saucepan:
- combine sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk, and 1/4 butter. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil; boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- add half (about 3 cups) mixture to chips. Pour remainder into cocoa mixture, stir to blend.
- first mixture until chips are completely melted. Immediately spread evenly in prepared pan.
- cocoa mixture until chips are melted and mixture begins to thicken. Spread evenly over top of other layer; cool.
- from pan and remove foil.
- into 1 inch squares. Store air tight in cool dry place.
Post a Comment