from the kitchen of Ellen, thanks to Chicken, by James McNair
- 1 13.75 oz can artichoke hearts
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbs minced fresh basil
- 6 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 6 thin slices prosciutto or thinly sliced ham
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- artichoke hearts, cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, and basil in food processor and puree until fairly smooth. Reserve.
- chicken breasts, and slice in half horizontally. Place in a heavy duty (freezer) Ziploc bag and pound with mallet or other flat instrument to a uniform thickness of about 1/8 inch. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- each pounded breast with a slice of prosciutto/ham cut to approximately fit the shape of the breast. Spread with a thin layer of the artichoke mixture. Roll up jelly roll style and secure with 2-3 appropriate lengths of kitchen twine, knotted to keep stuff breasted rolled.
- olive oil and butter in an ovenproof saute pan or skillet over medium heat. Add chicken rolls and cook, turning frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- pan to 350 degree oven, top with any remaining artichoke mixture, cover, and cook about 20 minutes, or until interior temperature of chicken is 165 degrees.
- all twine and serve, either whole or sliced.
Post a Comment